Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance (JGAR) is an open access journal of the International Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (ISAC), Asia-Pacific Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infection (APSCMI) and the Global Chinese Association of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (GCACMID).
The 2019 Impact Factor of JGAR is 2.706 (© Clarivate Analytics). JGAR is now ranked in the following positions in the Journal Citation Reports:
- 51/93 in the infectious diseases category (previously 50/89).
- 132/270 in the Pharmacology & Pharmacy category (previously 140/267).
The journal is a quarterly online journal run by an international Editorial Board that focuses on the global spread of antibioticresistant microbes. The Journal aims to track the resistance threat worldwide and to give a comprehensive view of how infectious disease experts are challenging the problem.
Featuring peer-reviewed and up to date articles, reviews and short communications, JGAR will cover the topical aspects of antimicrobial resistance proposing themes on:
- resistance mechanisms and gene transfer
- antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antiparasitic resistance
- microbiological and clinical studies stewardship resistance to disinfectants
- antimicrobial resistance testing detection and diagnostic
- PK/PD and resistance
- surveillance studies of resistant pathogens affecting humans at the global level, isolated from different hosts and environments
Editor-in-cheif: Stefania Stefani